- What is the new ARC Teeth Whitening Kit?
The new ARC Teeth Whitening Kit contains 14 ARC whitening treatments and 1 Blue Light device to help whiten your teeth. The ARC whitening treatments are thin, flexible strips coated with a hydrogen peroxide-infused gel and are designed to conform to the shape of your teeth. The strips work by keeping the whitening gel on your teeth to get to the stain build-up below the enamel's surface. The specially-engineered Blue Light then helps weaken yellow stains so that the peroxide can whiten teeth more effectively.
- How do I know which ARC product to use?
Use ARC Teeth Whitening Kit with the ARC Blue Light if you want to achieve professional-level whitening. Use ARC Smile Amplifier for noticeable whitening. You can also use ARC Teeth Whitening Kit and ARC Smile Amplifier together; refill your ARC Teeth Whitening Kit with the whitening treatments from the ARC Smile Amplifier.
- What does the light do?
The specially-engineered Blue Light helps weaken yellow stains so that the peroxide can whiten teeth more effectively.
- Is there UV in this light? What kind of light is this?
This light is blue light and is in the visible blue light wavelength of the light spectrum. No measureable UV is produced by the light. Learn more
- How do I use the ARC Blue Light?
Before the first use, wipe or wash the ARC Blue Light mouthpiece (the device is water-resistant and can be cleaned under running water). Use the light at the end of your ARC teeth whitening treatment (ie: the last 5 minutes of 30 minutes of total strip wear time). Apply the strips to your top and bottom teeth and leave on for 30 minutes total. After 25 minutes, press and hold the two buttons on the light simultaneously to turn on the light, then release the buttons. Then place the light on top of the strips until the light automatically turns off after about 5 minutes. Remove the light and strips when finished.
- Will the light hurt my teeth/cause sensitivity?
With all whitening products there is a chance that you may experience tooth sensitivity and/or gum discomfort. With products that offer the highest level of whitening, such as ARC Teeth Whitening Kit, there is an even greater chance that you may experience tooth sensitivity and/or gum discomfort. These effects are generally mild. These effects are temporary and not harmful. If significant tooth sensitivity or gum discomfort develops, try stopping usage for 2-3 days, then resume usage. If the problem persists, discontinue usage.
- Will the light hurt my eyes?
No. Looking into the light may generate after images in some people which are temporary and not harmful.
- How long does the light last?
The ARC Blue Light device is designed to operate for up to 28 treatments. That means 1 full kit (14 treatments) + 2 refills (7 treatments each) for a total of up to 28 treatments. Discard device after light no longer turns on.
- How do ARC whitening treatments work without the Blue Light?
We typically think of teeth as strong and solid, but your teeth actually have tiny tubules in them. These tubules go from your enamel surface to the inside of your tooth, which is called the dentin. Dentin is actually where most tooth stains occur, not the enamel, and these deep dentin stains are visible through the enamel, dulling your smile. As your body down the peroxide, it releases activated oxygen which attacks the stains. Learn more
- Why are there two strips in each ARC whitening treatment foil pack?
Each ARC whitening treatment foil pack has two strips; one for your top teeth and one for your bottom teeth. Wear both strips for 30 minutes during each use of ARC whitening treatments.
- My light is still working after my last ARC Whitening Treatment. Can I buy more ARC whitening treatments and keep using my light?
The ARC Blue Light device is designed to operate for 1 full kit (14 treatments) + 2 refills (7 treatments each). The whitening performance of the device beyond 28 treatments has not been evaluated.
- What kind of batteries are in this device? Is the device rechargeable?
The device contains 2 metal lithium batteries that are not rechargeable.
- Is this device waterproof?
The device is designed to be water-resistant for cleaning in the sink.
- How do I dispose of my ARC Blue Light once I am done with it?
To keep the ARC Blue Light from reaching the landfill, please use the form on our Recycle page
to create and print shipping labels and mail your Blue Light, Strips and packaging to be sustainably recycled. Do not dispose of device in fire or incinerator.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain gluten?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with gluten.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain latex?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with natural rubber latex.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain citric acid?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with citric acid.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain alcohol?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with alcohol.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain mint?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with mint or menthol.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain carbamide peroxide?
No. ARC whitening treatments use hydrogen peroxide to whiten teeth.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain animal by-products?
ARC whitening treatments are not made with animal byproducts.
- Do ARC whitening treatments contain hydrogen peroxide?
Yes. Peroxide gives you a brilliant smile by diffusing harmlessly into your tooth through tiny tubules. When you put on our Whitening Strips, the no-slip grip holds the peroxide against your teeth and to give your teeth time to absorb all that whitening power and take your color from dull to electric. Learn more
- How often can I use ARC whitening treatments?
We suggest using only one treatment per day, as you could experience increased sensitivity. Read the carton and product insert for specific usage instructions and frequency.
- How do I keep my teeth white after using whitening treatments?
We recommend using a whitening toothpaste daily to gently polish away surface stains. You can also try ARC Smile Amplifier whitening treatments for monthly maintenance in-between Blue Light whitening treatments.
- Is it OK to miss an application of ARC whitening treatments?
You can skip or miss a couple of applications without affecting your whitening benefit. To get the best results, avoid spreading use of the strips out over a long period of time.
- Can you wear the ARC whitening treatments longer than the time specified on the package?
No. Wearing the strip for longer can result in tooth sensitivity and/or gum discomfort.
- How do ARC whitening treatments whiten below the surface of your teeth?
We typically think of teeth as strong and solid, but your teeth actually have tiny tubules in them. These tubules go from your enamel surface to the inside of your tooth, which is called the dentin. Dentin is actually where most tooth stains occur, not the enamel, and these deep dentin stains are visible through the enamel, dulling your smile. Learn more
- Do ARC whitening treatments remove stains like coffee, tea and red wine stains?
Yes. Research shows ARC whitening treatments are effective for people who have stains from coffee, tea, dark colas, and red wine. If you continue to use staining substances such as coffee, tea, dark colas, or red wine, your teeth may discolor again. Smoking stains can be difficult to remove and may take a little longer. If you continue to smoke, your teeth may discolor again.
- Can I use ARC whitening treatments with a retainer?
We recommend you check with your orthodontist prior to using ARC whitening treatments if you have a retainer.
- Can I use ARC whitening treatments on dental work?
ARC whitening treatments should not harm most types of dental work (caps, crowns, veneers, fillings or dentures), but they will only whiten natural teeth. If you have had dental work, check with your dentist before using ARC whitening treatments.
- Can I use ARC whitening treatments if I have had a root canal?
Since the location and extent of such dental work varies greatly between individuals, we recommend you consult with your dentist before using ARC whitening treatments.
- Can I use whitening treatments if I have crowns, caps, fillings, veneers, partials, gold, laminates, composite bonding, or other restorations?
ARC whitening treatments will not harm or whiten these types of dental work. ARC whitening treatments will whiten only natural teeth so if you have any of these on your front teeth, there may be noticeable color differences between the dental work and your whiter teeth. ARC whitening treatments is designed to whiten only the teeth that show when you smile. So, if you have these types of dental work on your back teeth, color differences may not be noticeable.
- Can I use ARC whitening treatments with braces?
No. ARC whitening treatments should not be used with braces because they will only whiten the parts of the teeth which the whitening gel comes into contact with. As braces cover some parts of the tooth, these parts will not whiten, leaving unevenly colored teeth when the braces are removed. Also, ARC whitening treatments may change the color of the metal.
- Is it OK to brush my teeth after using whitening treatments?
Yes, after using ARC whitening treatments, you can brush gently. NOTE: Do NOT brush immediately BEFORE applying strips. To avoid gum irritation, allow for some time to pass after you have brushed your teeth to apply strips.
- Is it OK to use a whitening toothpaste if I’m using ARC whitening treatments?
We recommend using a mild toothpaste while you're whitening your teeth. To help maintain whiter teeth after using ARC whitening treatments, we recommend using a whitening toothpaste to gently polish away surface stains daily.
- Is it OK for children to use ARC whitening treatments?
Please reference the product carton and insert for specific information.
- Is it OK to eat or drink while using ARC whitening treatments?
Do not eat, smoke, sleep, or drink (except for water) while wearing ARC whitening treatments as this could affect whitening results and can cause the strips to loosen. You do not need to wait to eat or drink after you have removed the ARC whitening treatments.
- Is it OK to use ARC whitening treatments while pregnant or breastfeeding?
The amount of hydrogen peroxide you might swallow while using whitening treatments is extremely small, and we would not expect this to be harmful if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. However, we recommend you check with your doctor.
- Can you talk while using ARC whitening treatments?
ARC whitening treatments are designed to confirm and stick securely to your teeth (no more slipping and sliding), so you can talk while wearing them.
- Why are ARC whitening treatments stretchy?
ARC whitening treatments are designed to stretch to cover your teeth more completely. When applying the whitening treatments to your teeth, pull on the ends of the strip to stretch it slightly, then apply to teeth.
- Why aren’t the ARC whitening treatments strips longer or why don’t they cover more teeth?
ARC whitening treatments are uniquely designed to whiten the teeth that show when you smile. The strip is designed to cover the central 6-8 teeth depending on the size of the arch. Our research shows whitening these front teeth is sufficient for most consumers.
- What is the shelf life of ARC whitening treatments?
ARC whitening treatments keep for 24 months from the date they are made.